Monday, August 18, 2008

Crazy Toddler

I have a two and a half year old daughter who is anything but a dainty lady. She is the nuttiest toddler I've ever seen. I was blessed with my first son who was and is such a good boy. He was nothing like this at this age. This wonderful little rugrat does all sorts of tricks. So far she's eaten: daiper rash cream, Vicks vapo rub (twice), rocks, dirt, sand, etc, sunscreen, and so much more. Every time I call poisen control I keep saying to myself that they're going to take her away from me. I'm terrified. All I have to do is look away for one second and already she's climbing, jumping, munching etc.

She loves to munch on her brother. Literally. He's such a nice good kid that he doesn't know what to do when he's attacked. She's a bully and a fighter. If she doesn't like something she'll take care of it. She was the one who kicked, bit, hit, pulled hair, etc. He just doesn't know what to do when she does it. Sure I try to explain to them that they need to talk out their feelings and express in words what they're thinking and feeling. I'm sure it somewhat helps but still she bites. He has even learned a thing or two from her (which isn't necessarily so bad considering that he's the type to be beaten up a lot).

Being on vacation doesn't really help the situation. We're all home together all day. Spending too much time together gets us all uptight and annoyed at each other. Everyone releases their pent up frustrations in different ways. I either retreat or yell. She bites. I'm sure my way of dealing isn't the greatest but hec, I need a break. I'm 8 months pregnant and need to rest very badly. I've given up trying to put her down for a nap because it isn't worth the fight. What I really need is a mother's helper who can take them. I won't do it though because I want to be a good mother and spend time with them. Also, I don't really trust too many people with my daughter when she's awake.

Basically she's trouble with a capital T. Every time I see her with a cream around her face my heart skips a beat and I start interrogating her about if she ate it. I keep telling everyone that it's an absolute miracle that I haven't had a heart attack yet, baruch Hashem. I can't keep my eyes off of her for a second and the older she gets the harder it is to keep up with her. I'm leaning towards putting her in all day day care for next year but since I don't know my schedule yet I haven't found anyone to watch her. We'll see what ends up happenning with that.

No comments: